Anxiety affects people in different ways it can develop slowly and build-up due to a number of smaller stressful life situations and or by a much larger life changing, such as a death in the family, work stress or ongoing worry about finances.
Either way, it may be a trigger for anxiety and sometimes this can lead to excessive worrying and can change how you live your life.
What does Anxiety feel like?
Anxiety is a feeling of unease, such as worry or fear, that can be mild or severe.
Symptoms vary from person to person, but below may be some may also be familiar.
- Persistent sad, anxious or “empty” mood or fearful;
- Tightness in the chest, sweaty palms and even dizziness;
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness;
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities, including sex;
- Decreased energy, fatigue, feeling “slowed down”;
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions;
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping;
- Low appetite and weight loss or overeating and weight gain;
- Restlessness and irritability;
Some people find it hard to control their worries. Their feelings of anxiety are more constant and can often affect their daily lives.
The good news is Hypnotherapy has often proved a really useful tool dealing with anxiety:
- Calming the mind;
- Allowing clients to take back control of their feelings;
- Providing tools to help ease the symptoms;
- Providing greater understanding of what is happening when we feel anxious;
- Providing the ability to reframe the way we think
- Often clients report feeling more positive, relaxed and able to understand what is happening when they display symptoms of anxiety.